Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mooses

This was Dave's Christmas present from 2008. I kept putting off the quilting of it. Every so often I would pull out all the threads for quilting it and than end up putting them away. I even had the quilt top hanging in the studio for about 5 months before I took it down.

Last weekend was the big day. I was going to quilt this!! I printed off some color photos of live moose off the internet so I could get all the details right; dug out 14 different colors of thread and went for it.



The quilt is little, roughly 40inches square and it took me around 8hours to quilt in total.

This is the eye section, lots of detail quilting,



And the antlers,



I am thrilled to have it done, as is Dave. I love how it turned out.

Now to get Rhonda's Christmas present finished.

1 comment:

Loris said...

Awesome thread work on a gorgeous pattern! I have one similar to that of a bear. Will have to remember your quilting inspiration when I get around to making it.
Thanks for sharing the picture. It is a beautiful work of art.