Monday, October 3, 2011

A finish of my own

I got a whack of new quilting books a few weeks ago and one night while looking through them, I saw this pattern. I knew I had to make it asap.

Last weekend I dug through my stash and started cutting and sewing. At the end of the weekend had this,


I couldn't love this quilt more. Made entirely from my stash, it's has lots of my favorite fabrics in it.

I quilted it just like in the book,





My favorite part, the cross-hatching,



I was hoping to get the binding on before I blogged it but after going to way too many quilt stores on Saturday to find the exact binding I wanted, I gave up and will wait for the ordered fabric to arrive.

Until then, I'll enjoy this hanging in the studio on the design wall.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Linda.
I found your site over at Quilting Blogs. I have enjoyed looking through your posts and seeing the great photos of all the quilts you work on.
Great to see the quilt you made over this weekend, too. Isn't it satisfying to make it entirely from your stash!

Ullan tilkut said...

Hi! Greetings again from Finland! That quilt is so nice! It's stunning!!! :)