Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Time Flies

Hard to believe it's been two weeks since my last blog post. Things have been busy around here; our son came out for a visit. A few days after he went back to Calgary, his wife flew out. Too bad they weren't able to co-ordinate their work trips but we had a lovely time with them.

In between visits we had a scare at our house. One of our gas fireplaces has been leaking CO2 into the air. Thankfully we have a CO2 detector but by the time it went off, the readings were high enough that we are honestly lucky to be alive. It was reading at 97 when anything over 50 can be fatal. If you don't have a CO2 monitor, get one! And now we know why I've been so sick for the past few months; CO2 poisoning. Just as a precaution, I'm going in today for an oxygen treatment. My bloodwork came back within the normal range for CO2 levels but this just makes me a little more okay with the whole thing.

I have gotten some quilting done. Linda brought in this lovely quilt for her grand-daughter.



I created the bow pattern myself.



Such a pretty quilt with a fun fabric line. Perfect for a little girl.

No comments: