Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sidetracked


The past two weeks our house has been a disaster zone. I decided to have the house repainted inside. Originally it was just going to be the master bedroom, the hallway, stairwell, living/dining room and kitchen. Not a lot right? That changed when accidentally one of the painters started repainting the crown moulding in the family room; so that room got repainted as well. And because almost everything else was being redone; I decided to have the main bathroom repainted as well.

And just to keep things more excited; we had all the doors in the entire house repainted as well. We have beautiful oak doors but the previous owners painted them all white. Dave and I tried different methods to bring the doors back to their original condition with no luck so we had them painted as well. 

As a result, decorating for Christmas had been put on hold until this past weekend. I had one of my grandsons spend the weekend to help me get everything set up. As we were pulling all my Christmas quilts out, I discovered these,



Four pieced Christmas table runners! 

So yesterday I snuck some time and started on one.


Lots of custom quilting ahead for this one.


No comments: