Monday, February 11, 2013

Family Day

I had a busy week last week; my daughter in law was here from Calgary. It was wonderful to get to spend some time with her. After we dropped her off at the airport, Dave and I went to Costco. I was carrying a bag of rice into the house when we got home when I tripped over the trailer hitch. I fell, dropping the bag of rice(the birds have loved that). I hurt my knee and hip. Banged up my shoulder and arm as well. So I've spent the past few days just laying low. Happily  today's holiday works in my favour and I do not have to have the studio open today :)

I finally got some quilts hung on the walls last week. Dave was not happy about me putting holes in the fresh paint lol. 
My birdie stitcheries quilt has been finished for a long while. I love how it looks against the new paint; it didn't look right with the old paint colour.


I used the quilting pattern Bayside and not 100% sold on it. I almost wish I had customed the quilt instead of doing an allover pattern on it.


I also got a new CircleLord board and quilted up a charity quilt using it.


This is the Lily board; I really like it.


I am hoping to finish up a little Valentine's Day wall hanging today. I just might get it finished for the day. Happy Monday.




No comments: