Tuesday, December 15, 2015

10 days left

And we are in our final week of quilting. I have 2 quilts left to finish this week and we will be closed until January 4th. I am looking forward to our Christmas break; I might even get a project or two done for me.

I posted a teaser of Rachel's quilt a few posts back. Rachel picked up her quilt last week, here is the finished quilt.


We went with a full custom on this. Rachel had taken the class at a local quilt shop; I had custom quilted the class sample and Rachel wanted it quilted similarly.

Piano keys and ribbon stitching.


I used a lot of block insets which are fun to quilt.


There was some fullness in the quilt so I added an extra piece of batting in the middle of the quilt to suck some of the fullness up.


Lots of work into this from both Rachel and myself. Always worth it in the end when the quilter falls in love with her quilt allover again once it's finished.








No comments: